Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wedding Bells

So this weekend was Nature Nerd and Dr. Sno's wedding.

Now normally Albinoblackbears become recluse when such events occur, but really how could anyone miss a weekend long wedding held at an organic, biodynamic, brewery? Especially when said brewery produces my favorite stout, The Back Hand of God. So off to Sorrento it was and into the lap of the Crannóg farm.

Many moons ago I offered to be in charge of the food because I love food and it seemed like the only way I could really be of help.
It wasn't a huge task as it was a pot luck and all I basically had to do was hang out in the kitchen, cook my contribution, and boss people around. Three things I like doing at social gatherings anyway.

Note that the folks in the kitchen knew not to look me in the eye, and wisely called me only "Kitchen Master".
Okay, some of them looked me in the eye. And not everyone called me "Kitchen Master".

I still haven't decided which is hotter...men in skirts...
or

men doing dishes...
Good thing there were no men in skirts doing dishes....

All in all it was a fabulous weekend. Everything seemed to go off without a hitch. Best Man gave BEST best man speech ever, photos were great, band was awesome, beer was delicious, weather was pristine and the back seat of my car proved itself a worthy sleeping vessel.

The happy couple with Best Man and Best Woman.

The not so happy pig.

8 comments:

Rogue Medic said...

Back Hand of God stout?

Sounds interesting, but is it appropriate fare for a wedding?

Albinoblackbear said...

Hells yeah. They're pagans anyway.

:p

Rogue Medic said...

In that case, they might need to be a bit more specific about which god is doing the back handing. :-)

I was looking at their site and was disappointed to see that they do not appear to sell outside of Canada. Beyond the Pale Ale sounds like a good beverage for a rogue medic. :-)

Ryan said...

My god, that picture of Matt and Chris and Pork looks like some kind of crime scene. A delicous crime scene anyway.

Albinoblackbear said...

Yes...too bad it is not more widely available. It is truly delicious.

Was it yummy Ry? By the time I got to it there were just a few bits of fat and gristle left and John picking his teeth with a toothpick. I just couldn't bring myself to saw a few nibbles off the spine...

Ryan said...

Fat and gristle are the best parts. Delicous doesn't describe it quite, more like salivation salvation.

Albinoblackbear said...

Nice one Ry. You're on fire.

Albinoblackbear said...

Maybe I'll email Brain with the suggestion that they change the name of the stout to
"Hind Leg of Pan"...

naaahhhh...

Back Hand of God sounds way cooler.