My favorites on the list for "Word of the Year 2008" according to Macquarie Dictionary include:
- bromance
- (say 'brohmans)
noun Colloquial a non-sexual but intense friendship between two males. [bro + (ro)mance1]
- fanta pants
- (say 'fantuh pants)
noun Originally British Colloquial a person whose hair is naturally red. [from the orange-coloured soft drink Fanta + pants, with reference to pubic hair as the indicator of hair colour]
- flashpacker
- (say 'flashpakuh)
noun Colloquial a backpacker who travels in relative luxury. [flash(y) + (back)packer]
--flashpacking, noun
- fur child
- say 'fer chuyld)
noun Colloquial a pet animal, as a cat or dog, treated as one would a child.
Oh and John, you are not allowed to make any comments which may draw parallels to my travel style and any of the above definitions. :)
5 comments:
Hah! I was just thinking flashpacker might suit you. Am I allowed to say that, seen as I'm not John?
I suppose your 3 weeks sans-shower in India might strip you of the title though.
I know...compared to you Revy girls that survive on twigs and hike the PCT/Appalachian for fun...I definitely am a flashpacker :)
But...yes I would say that India has to give me at least a little street cred :)
I used to be a dirt bag ya know!
As a bonafide flashpacker, (AKA 3 star minimum) my vote is for bromance. Although all my bromances ended with a kiss...
LOL
Miss you babe.
kiss ending "bromances" do not fall under the category of "non-sexual" Keith....those are called "relationships" or "one night stands"! :P
fantapants wins hands down.
Post a Comment