Friday, June 5, 2009

Just Imagine...

...What it would be like if we could close our eyes, just for a moment...and when we opened them, all the happiness and light and beauty that cancer has taken away...was suddenly returned to our planet.

All the scars disappeared.

All the lines of worry and pain, smoothed.

All the hair grown back.

Bellies eager for food.

Families whole again, graduations attended, brides given away, first steps witnessed.

Just imagine.

2 comments:

Keet said...

I can't. I can barely remember a time when cancer wasn't present in my life. My Aunt Celia, may she rest in peace, had cancer for as long as I knew her, AKA before I was born. It's shocking really, that this thing has become so large a part of everyone's life...
sorry... words fail.

Albinoblackbear said...

I know, it is mind boggling isn't it? 2 of my uncles, both my granddads, my brother in law, my cousin, Jody...now another one of my dear friends has just been diagnosed.