
So I am finally putting up a few recent pics. To start...myself and 3 of my
nursey pals took a road trip to
Hyder, Alaska. This was near the end of my stint in northern BC and I was really feeling like I'd regret it if I didn't make the trek across the border and get "
Hyderized" (this is drinking a shot of 150 proof booze...yes I did it...and yes I cut a sweet rug on the dance floor after). It was about 35 degrees the day we drove up so it made stopping along the way to jump in various lakes and rivers a necessity (I don't normally drive in a bathing suit...but desperate times...).

So here is a nice blurry pic of us in front of the Bear Glacier just outside of Stewart. Sadly the road had been washed out to the Salmon Glacier so we didn't get a chance to make it up there.
Below is one of the Grizzlies we got to see during the salmon run in Fish Creek...it was about a 3 year old so not very big but still a beautiful and breathtaking creature to behold. It was my first time ever seeing one and I was surprised at what a thrill it was.

And then I started studying 'doctorology' as I like to call it.

These are just a few random photos from campus...above is the medical sciences building which is mostly being used by nursing students, physios, etc. We are sort of scattered around campus as they are building a new med sci spot which will mostly be reserved for medical students. Of course this will likely not be done before we are off campus and in our 3rd year rotations. In the meantime we walk by the mud pit that will be the medical school on a daily basis.
Below here is the Living Bridge, which is a stunning connector between the main part of campus and the residential area that most of us live in (as well as where future med sci building will be). Runs over the River Shannon, quite lovely...


One of my musical classmates, Christine. We dropped in on this presentation regarding music therapy and health. It was a very interesting talk by two music profs about what research is being done in this field. We didn't realise that it was a dress up affair...so we were the scruffy med students who didn't feel worthy enough to drink the free wine.

My roommate Anna and good pal Ryan--also fellow first years.

Our place has been dubbed "The
Cerebrex" as it has become a meeting point for out group of friends. The whiteboard addition to the kitchen has already proved handy, not just for writing down quotes from our beer drinking evenings, but also our study sessions. Below is another good friend/classmate
JM and I, probably arguing over some minute point which bears so real significance. Either that or it is me soliciting free mac advice.

My two other roommates,
Naran and George. Quality guys. Also in my class.

We call George the '
McDreamy' of GEMS class 2013. Which means I have
McDreamy and a 6 foot 1 inch
blonde that can do the splits as roommates. Yikes. Our first descent into eating pizza.

A few of the random buildings on campus.

McDreamy and Anna being their dead sexy selves.
Naren eating his version of a hot meal. This is what happens when I don't cook for the boys.

The lovely ladies that I memorize inner ear structures with. Kristina, Kristine, Catherine, Anna, and yours truly (Anna was impressed that she managed to get me in a dress that night).

My trip to town to get a mobile.

Welcome to beige food. Is there a booster juice somewhere??


Ryan attempting to steal liquor through our
screenless window.

So yeah, a bit of a scattered collection of the sights in my world right now. Soon I'll put up a few more of the domicile. For now I must return to an animated video of the cochlea.
2 comments:
What an awesome place. I envy you ABB, and wish you the best of luck in your studies also. Remember, you will have plenty of time to party after you make the big bucks...Then again you are only young once. Have a drink for me!! Beautiful pictures by the way....
Thanks Mike! Nice to hear from you. Yes that is part of my issue...you do only live once and now I've dedicated the best part of my 30's to being a starving student who once knew the good life.
Ah well. One gets older no matter what right??
:)
Thanks, I quite like the pics as well.
Post a Comment