I have noted that some despondency may have crept into my entries of late so I feel I need to highlight some of the good things that happened which helped me get through another week away from the powder, the pals, and the partner.
Amber (bio study buddy) picked me up and we were heading to *Bucks to enjoy another power session of flash cards and physiology when she informed me that she had brought along an activity for us to do for stress relief when we were done. I was suspicious as the woman is 5 months pregnant so it obviously wasn't a bottle of wine.
Turns out it was magic paint, iron-on rhinestones, and iron-on printer paper for us to BLING up our lab coats. Thus elevating us to epic-ultra-nerdy-weird-adult-learner status.
I came up with the pun- phrase and she with the design and we tricked out our lab coats to an impressive degree (more photos to follow). Dust off your old organic chem texts if you can't figure it out...

We made an extra one for our equally-fond-of-nerdy-chem-jokes prof, which, apparently he liked so much he put it up on the overhead during Friday's class.
Sadly I missed being outed as the uber-nerd as I was already happily diving head first off the cleanse wagon in Revelstoke.
It was hard not to speed the entire way home, I was looking so forward to seeing my Revy family that the drive made me feel like an impatient 5 year old.
Had a fantastic few days at home which included a delicious happy-steak dinner at Ann Marie et Ryan's, some botched cast-iron brownies, and spicy Zinfandel--what was it's name again?
Friday was studying and then a cheese fest of truffle preccorino, winemakers, and cave aged gruyere with plenty of vino, Cava, and port while we tucked into several episodes of "Sex in the City". Maybe we can't relate to the shoe shopping and the clubbing in New York, but some of the themes were close to our hearts---missing our dear friends, finding love, trying to make babies, invalid in-laws. Much much needed time with the girls and laughter. John and James even joined in for some of the episodes, both of them armed with stiff scotches, mind you.
Saturday was the 2nd Annual Revelstoke Robbie Burns Night.
Well, I am going to wait until Verena sends me some photos from that night before I expand, as the old adage of "a picture says a thousand words" is soo true.
The next day I unwillingly crawled to the kitchen table to study a bit more despite the 10cm of fresh snow and sunshine out there.
It had better friggin' snow next winter I tell ya.
G'night for now. Thank you world for another great week.
Amber (bio study buddy) picked me up and we were heading to *Bucks to enjoy another power session of flash cards and physiology when she informed me that she had brought along an activity for us to do for stress relief when we were done. I was suspicious as the woman is 5 months pregnant so it obviously wasn't a bottle of wine.
Turns out it was magic paint, iron-on rhinestones, and iron-on printer paper for us to BLING up our lab coats. Thus elevating us to epic-ultra-nerdy-weird-adult-learner status.
I came up with the pun- phrase and she with the design and we tricked out our lab coats to an impressive degree (more photos to follow). Dust off your old organic chem texts if you can't figure it out...
We made an extra one for our equally-fond-of-nerdy-chem-jokes prof, which, apparently he liked so much he put it up on the overhead during Friday's class.
Sadly I missed being outed as the uber-nerd as I was already happily diving head first off the cleanse wagon in Revelstoke.
It was hard not to speed the entire way home, I was looking so forward to seeing my Revy family that the drive made me feel like an impatient 5 year old.
Had a fantastic few days at home which included a delicious happy-steak dinner at Ann Marie et Ryan's, some botched cast-iron brownies, and spicy Zinfandel--what was it's name again?
Friday was studying and then a cheese fest of truffle preccorino, winemakers, and cave aged gruyere with plenty of vino, Cava, and port while we tucked into several episodes of "Sex in the City". Maybe we can't relate to the shoe shopping and the clubbing in New York, but some of the themes were close to our hearts---missing our dear friends, finding love, trying to make babies, invalid in-laws. Much much needed time with the girls and laughter. John and James even joined in for some of the episodes, both of them armed with stiff scotches, mind you.
Saturday was the 2nd Annual Revelstoke Robbie Burns Night.
Well, I am going to wait until Verena sends me some photos from that night before I expand, as the old adage of "a picture says a thousand words" is soo true.
The next day I unwillingly crawled to the kitchen table to study a bit more despite the 10cm of fresh snow and sunshine out there.
It had better friggin' snow next winter I tell ya.
G'night for now. Thank you world for another great week.
1 comment:
Sounds more like you filled that wagon with gas and drove it's fireball ass off a cliff.
Post a Comment