Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Happy BC Day!

To celebrate BC day (okay I didn't even know that was the reason for the holiday) I scampered up 'natures stairmaster' with my pal Craig who happens to be here on the Left Coast as well this week.

We had a leisurely lunch, he named my largest blister "Uncle Fester" and I enjoyed watching the clouds rise up from the valley.

I love this province.


The next day I got up and Kara served me coffee in this mug.
It is kind of hard to make out but that is me on the left and her on the right, we were having a birthday party for our cabbage patch dolls that day.

The bad font in hot pink says, "Friends Forever".
And 25 years later I couldn't be more grateful to have her as a friend, and thankful to her and Stephen for letting me be the house house guest that cries more days than not, works odd hours, has physics texts strewn on the kitchen table at all times, and drinks their coffee.

3 comments:

Rogue Medic said...

Studying physics to prepare for MCATs? Another reason why I will never understand doctors. :-)

Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, the cat is both alive and dead - covers most of the physics you need to know for medicine. OK, there are a few other things. :-)

Albinoblackbear said...

Physics was the main reason it took 10 years of psyching myself up to take the prerequisites needed for MD school and write the MCAT.

One day I heard myself say, "I would have gone into medicine if it hadn't been for the physics requirement" and I got so pissed at how lame that statement was that I decided then and there that some stupid prereq wasn't going to stand in my way.

Rogue Medic said...

I don't know if Richard Feynman's lectures would be helpful, but he was one of the great teachers of physics. They may be available in the library, especially if you have access to a university library.

These are lectures from 1960 - 1962, so they may no longer be relevant. Somebody who knows physics would be able to answer that.

Feynman, Richard Phillips.
Six easy pieces : essentials of physics, explained by its most brilliant teacher; Helix Books, c1995. ISBN - 0201409569

I believe they are available under other titles, as well.