So my 9 year old nephew Taylor sent this email to my mom. I was pretty stoked when I read it at how thoughtful it was so I wanted to share it. Also, it was keeping wiht the latest "dead" theme (see Verena's blog). And I have to admit, I was feeling the inner Albertan in me wanting to showcase his talent.
Dear Granmary,
I wanted to let you know that I shot my first deer at "Poacher Joe's" (uncle Dave's property), today . We stayed in our hunting tent last night and first thing this morning we walked through the woods to a spot where we could over look a field. Then Mr Sharpe (Stu) saw two big white tail does run in to a block of woods (Cabin Wood) across the field from where Daddy and I were hiding. Mr Sharpe and Bruno radioed us and told us they would walk through Cabin Wood and push the deer towards us. The plan worked great and sure enough the two deer broke out of the woods across from us and ran straight towards us. Daddy had already given me the 30-30 lever action so I was ready when they came. At first I was aiming at the front deer but then the second one stopped about 75m away so I changed targets and shot the deer. It dropped its head down and ran away from us then went down. At first Dad thought I had hit it in the neck but when we saw it the bullet had entered near the left front shoulder and exited the right chest.
I felt great and sad at the same time , but after that I felt OK.
A very exciting day.
I love you
From Taylor
3 comments:
hey Ryan, maybe you should take some lessons from this kid! Rob...you too.
Damn right I'll take some lessons, does he have any "How to Hunt Trophy Whitetail" videos for sale?
Waiiiit a minute, is that a bumper mark on the deer's chest?
Post a Comment