Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Traveling Meatballs

Alice asked me to put this recipe on my blog. I think I made them for Anna as well when she came to stay so I am calling them "Traveling Meatballs".

1 kg package of ground meat (can be turkey, chicken, or beef--I find organic ground chicken is the best)
2 jalapenos
1 white onion minced
2 eggs
1 zucchini grated
1 handful of grated cheese (Gruyere, Feta, or Parmesan all work)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 handful of cornmeal

Mix all ingredients together, add more cornmeal if it is too wet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Make into balls, place on a parchment sheet lined baking tray.

Bake at 350 degrees until browned and no longer pink inside (about 30 minutes). Turn after about 15 minutes.

Serve with spaghetti, homemade tomato sauce, and love, to someone who is coming or going. Or to someone who doesn't know if they are coming or going.

(I also freeze the individual balls in ziplocks to heat up on nights when I am traveling toward my physics textbook and have no time to cook).

3 comments:

Nature Nerd said...

Oooh, this sounds good. I might have to come down to try the meatballs. I'll bring some brussel sprouts perhaps, or a watermelon radish.

simmers said...

do they sell this in a package? this is why you're good at chemistry, fyi.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for the recipe! Catch up soon and thanks again for the night!
~alice