Such a Catholic am I. I have been feeling guilty about slamming school and living in K-town. So I will say there are a few great things about being here...just give me a sec...umm...
1) I have great profs. Really, they are great. In an alternate reality I would want to have a beer with most of them as they are smart, interesting, good folks.
2) I have a sweet pad here. It's quiet, it has a great view and it's close to the school. It has air con, and I get to control the heat all the time. True, I will have to do LOTS of nights on call to pay for all this when it is all said and done but anything beats living in a dark and dingy flop house with towels that smell funny and rotten macaroni behind the stove. Been there, done that.
3) The city affords some luxuries such as a nice selection of wines, cheeses, restaurants, art galleries...and good coffee, even on Sundays.
4) I can play music here at least once a week when the crazy schedule allows it.
5) I am learning the art of coping with stress and loneliness. Two things that will likely be a theme in my life for the next few years.
6) I can already run in shorts, and went for my first XC bike ride 2 days ago in the mud and snow!
Six is good for now.
1) I have great profs. Really, they are great. In an alternate reality I would want to have a beer with most of them as they are smart, interesting, good folks.
2) I have a sweet pad here. It's quiet, it has a great view and it's close to the school. It has air con, and I get to control the heat all the time. True, I will have to do LOTS of nights on call to pay for all this when it is all said and done but anything beats living in a dark and dingy flop house with towels that smell funny and rotten macaroni behind the stove. Been there, done that.
3) The city affords some luxuries such as a nice selection of wines, cheeses, restaurants, art galleries...and good coffee, even on Sundays.
4) I can play music here at least once a week when the crazy schedule allows it.
5) I am learning the art of coping with stress and loneliness. Two things that will likely be a theme in my life for the next few years.
6) I can already run in shorts, and went for my first XC bike ride 2 days ago in the mud and snow!
Six is good for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment