Though the visual aspect lost some quality in the upload, I thought it'd be nice to put a bit of music on the blog. This is us playing a cover of an Old Crow Medicine Show song called Wagon Wheel. Story has it that Bob Dylan made up the chorus on the fly while showing someone a chord progression during the recording for the soundtrack to "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid". Dylan never released it but the recording has been released as a bootleg. Old Crow Medicine Show wrote the lyrics to the verses and made it famous.
Last night we recorded the jam in Dan's old house which currently stands empty. The acoustics were fabulous. Unfortunately the audio quality does little justice, but you get the idea. It was another inspiring night of music no matter what the sound quality anyway...just what my soul needed.
I noticed a cool trivia aspect to the real music video for this song...the couple selling tickets at the fair are none other than Gillian Welch and her husband/bandmate/guitar player David Rawlings. Glad I spotted Ms Welch, she is after all, in my humble opinion, the greatest female songwriter living or dead. If you watch the first video in the reel provided at the end of this one you'll hear some stylin' roots music and see my musical heroine. Enjoy!
2 comments:
nice! seen this live a couple of times - cool to have a "bootleg" of it too :). I like the darkness, you only recognize people if you know who's there!
Did you really remove the posting that got tainted by Ryan with suspicious words?
Ya, where did those postings go? I liked how real they are.
Post a Comment